Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Today...

I did what I think is the hardest part of all this crap..I went through Jeff's dresser. I cleaned it out...found some nice things to keep for the girls for when they get older...and also discovered that he'd kept alot of the Valentine's Day and Father's Day cards I'd gotten him over the last 7 years...and like a dope I sat and read through them...so of course I was sobbing while I did that...then I went through his private alter and dismantled it. Doing these things hurt...ALOT...and I was blue for the rest of the afternoon...

And then....

The doorbell rang....

And sitting there was a box and an envelope, dropped off by the Fed Ex guy....who was already gunning his engine to make good his escape!! And I brought these items inside, thinking "I didn't order anything!!".....and then I opened the box...and there was a wonderful letter from one of the C'ville ladies explaining that she and another of the Villers had put this package together for us...and that there was something else coming in an envelope...and then I looked underneath the letter and saw...two baby dragons (one was a 2 headed dragon and the other had a string of pretty beads!) that R & L immediately latched on to...and three bags...one had earrings in it for R, one had little rubber duckies in it for L, and one (the biggest one hehehe!) had all sorts of pampering bath-time treats for me...there was also some perfume & body wash in there, and a necklace & bracelet set for R....so much stuff!! Gave the girls their goodies and then I turned to the envelope....and inside is this amazing book on crochet design!! There are alot of patterns in it, but also really good, useable information about how to use the methods shown in those patterns to personalize my own patterns and make things fit better!! Yippee!!! Once things settle a bit more, I'm going to have to incorporate some of these methods into some new designs I've had in mind for a while....totally brightened my day!!

Then I had to hit H&R Block to make an adjustment to our taxes and explain that Jeff had died....another downer for the day, but at least I got that taken care of.....

Now I think I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine and eat my Hot Pockets in front of NCIS!!

It IS Tuesday today, right???

2 comments:

Shell said...

sounds like a lovely package Jess! the girls sure are getting spoilt. i am glad so many people are looking out for you, i wish i could do more. take care ok :) i think of ya heaps, lots of love

Two Voices Publishing said...

Hey Jess, I'm just popping in to say hi. I'm glad you're blogging. You know I wish there was something I could say or do to make this easier. All I know is Jeff was with us all on Saturday and he'll always be around you. {{HUGS}}