Thursday, March 22, 2007

One Day at A Time..

My grandmother left for home this morning...I've got today and tomorrow before the next batch of family visits..my BIL, MIL, niece & nephew on Saturday...then possibly my FIL, SIL & her fam on Sunday...then no one til my girlfriend gets here from FL on Thursday....and I'm not exactly sure when my "little brother" Kyle & his fiance Brooke are getting here...

Jeff's boss stopped by today to drop off what his co-workers had put together for us..they took up a collection when he died...people's generosity never fails to amaze me, but in this case I'm completely overwhelmed!! Folks are showing their affection for Jeff by taking care of us, for which I am very grateful...but at the same time, I still feel like I should be giving it back...survivor's guilt maybe?? Obviously I'm not going to insult anyone by trying to return their gift, but I still feel funny accepting it....

Had to take Rascal, our cat, to the vet this afternoon...he has a cyst on his tail that showed up less than a week ago and popped today...scared me!! Vet says he'll be fine, but he needs to stay the night at the vet's and get the site all cleaned up and sutured closed in the morning...Rory was very upset when I took him out...started crying...last time we took one of our cats to the vet he was put down, so I totally understand why she was so upset, especially after Jeff...but he'll be fine and back home tomorrow afternoon...and I'm sure we'll all feel much better once he's home again...

And Lori has decided that nap & bed time is nude time, cause she's started stripping off completely again...I caught her 3 times and I was lucky each time that she hadn't messed her crib....I'm hoping she'll stop soon, but at the same time I know my luck can't hold with the timing, so I keep looking in on her to make sure her clothes are still on...I think I'm gonna be in trouble with her as she gets older...

No comments: