Saturday, January 6, 2007

Still sick

I've been sick for the last 2 days...DH stayed home to take care of the wee ones...and I've been in bed hacking up a lung. Right now, I'm up with the kids, but DH is out doing the laundry and will be sending me back to bed as soon as he's home again...

Crochet-wise, I've been pretty productive...I finished the little blanket for DD2..she's now got it wrapped around her legs while she plays, yesterday she wore it like a cape for hours. I also worked with thick & thin yarn for the first time 2 days ago and made a scarf that will probably go to my mom when I finish the baby set, cause I'm just not a scarf person. But she is and I'm sure she'll love it. I have to take pics yet, but will post them when I do.

So, I have a bit of a decision to make...there is a gal that I have known for about 2 years online, as part of my stay at home mommy group. It's a small group and we had all grown really close for a while, but lately the group seems to have petered off. Well, going back to October or so, this one gal, K, asked me would I make something for her newborn niece, for her to give as a gift. I said of course! What would you like me to make...blanket, jacket, hat, dress, what??? It took about a month to get any sort of reply from her, and when I did the reply was Would you still be willing to make something?...not what she wanted made...so I sent her about 15 different links to patterns online for her to chose from...getting her to decide what she wanted was like pulling teeth, but as soon as she made the decision, I told her a ball park number for what it would cost me to buy the yarn and hit the stores to pick it up...I actually got a better price than I quoted her, so I messaged her again and told her what I'd spent and asked her to paypal it to me, plus $3 for shipping..and I asked her where it was being mailed to. That same day, I made the entire sweater and the hat she wanted, because it was now nearly Thanksgiving and I knew she wanted it for a holiday gift. Messaged her when I finished, asked for the addy again and reminded her about the paypal....and she had offered to pay me for my time too, but I told her just to cover my expenses and the postage and I'd be happy....two weeks went by, and I posted pics of the finished set on the mommy's group to try and nudge her, in case she'd forgotten, without being a nag. She emailed me with her sister's addy for me to mail to...I told her I couldn't mail it out without her paypaling me...she said she understood....I pointed out that at this point I wasn't sure the package would arrive in time for the holiday...a few days later she told me she paypaled me, that her cc was charged, but that the transaction, when she looks it up, shows as unclaimed. So I contacted paypal and was told that I can't claim an unclaimed payment, that I have to wait 30 days for the transaction to automatically reverse itself, and then she can pay me again. OK...so I did mail out the present, and I paid for the rush shipping needed to get it there for the holiday...and I told her I would wait for the payment so that she didn't have to pay for it twice....OK, fine. About a week after Xmas, I emailed her and asked if the package arrived in time for the holiday. I still haven't heard back from her....not even a thank you for doing this for me! I'm more than a bit upset by her rudeness and her being so lazy about getting back to me when I was doing this for her....and she's just now posted on the group that she's expecting. Now, every one of the babies born to the mommies in the group have something that I made...at least the ones that have been born since the group started. And I have always included a little something for the older sibs of the new baby too, just to make sure no one gets left out. I made matching halter tops for all the daughters in the group this past summer. Do I still have to make something for K's new baby?? I really don't ever want to make anything for her again....actually I've been thinking about leaving the group since no one seems to be posting lately, but I don't want to leave the group until I actually get paid for this sweater set!! Do I have to make something for this woman's baby?? I can't decide...maybe I will offer just to keep the peace, but I really don't want to!!!

No comments: