Friday, January 12, 2007

Poking along...

So, I've got everything for the preemie finished..just have to take a few pics, and a friend I'm visiting tomorrow wants to see some stuff I've made, so I'll bring them with to show her..then the package is off to Mom....

I've done a total of 4 more of my quilt squares, just have to take pics and then I can list them on my etsy site (www.shopjlc.etsy.com) and see what happens with them...I think now that I've got the traditional 9 patch square done, I might list it with the variation square (same thing only with the squares on their points) and adjust the price...it would be my first package offer LOL...I'm already planning on doing a few package deals, but I want to get all the squares up there first....I have 5 more already typed up and ready to test, but I really want to work on something else for a bit....

I've still got the back of that pillow for my friend to do...but honestly, right now I'm a little irked with her and don't really want to do anything for her....she's marrying a very dear friend of mine in November. We've met once and I've been emailing with her on & off since June....but she only emails me when she's upset with him and wants my take on why he's doing something the way he's doing it...I found out she crochets and I had seen this beautiful headpiece that I thought she would like as it's very Pagan and SGA-ish (and she's both!) and it's completely crocheted!! (http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/beltane06/maidensglory.htm) So I emailed her the link...she said she loved it, but isn't up to making that yet as she's just started...I offered to make it for her and mentioned that someone on the 'Ville had said something about using it for the bridal party...and she loved the idea and said she wished she could make them...so I offered to make it for her bridal party....she snapped up the idea, so I told her I'd make a sample one so that she could see it in person before we come down for the wedding, just in case it doesn't work for her in person as well as it does in the picture....so I made one, to fit my own head, using blue for the flowers (she wanted purples for hers) and I told her that this one was mine and a sample for her and to let me know when she got it....several days later I dropped her another email asking did she receive the box?? Still haven't heard from her...I spoke with my very dear friend (her fiance) a few nights ago and asked did she get the box and he said yes....but there was something wrong in his tone, so I asked what was wrong...and he said that she doesn't want them for the wedding...no problem!! Means I don't have to make 5 more of them! I think he was worried that I'd be offended or something, but I'm not...it's her wedding and she should have what she wants. That was the whole point in me making a sample for her first. But the fact that she got it, talked to him about it, apparently showed it to the other gals in the bridal party, and told him what she thought...but didn't bother to contact me...that bugs me. I get that she might have been unsure how to tell me, and I do know him a lot better than I know her...but she asked me to do this and then she put him in the position of having to tell me that she doesn't want it. Just cowardly IMO, and I don't appreciate that she pulled him into it...before this, he had no clue that I was even going to make these things...but when she doesn't want it, she gets him to do the dirty work...not cool...

Yeah, I'm irked....but at the same time, there is yarn that I've used to make this pillow, and there is yarn sitting in the bag for me to make the back from that I won't take to use for anything else til the back is finished...and there is a hook that is attached to the back piece so that I don't have to worry about remembering what size hook I used...I really should just either make the back and finish the darned thing or frog the back piece and do something else with the top piece....just can't think of what else to do with it though.... but I'm not going to work on it now cause I want to do something fun, something other than sc'ing back & forth like I've been doing with these squares of mine!

So, a few weeks ago, I picked up the Knifty Knitter loom sets, both the round & the long ones...today I started a little hat, which I'm hoping is big enough for DD2...if not, I'll just donate it or give it to someone with a younger child than me....I just want to actually MAKE something with them, since I spent the money and they're just sitting there...I love the look & fell of knit but most of the time I just don't have the patience to fight with it, and it is usually a fight for me...maybe when the kids are older I'll have more time to improve my knitting skills, but until then, I think the KK is pretty much the only hope LOL!!

I'm off to make my lunch and then fight with this KK thing....

No comments: