Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Back..

OK, so I'm back to health..at least physically...mentally, I've got no hope!!

Found out yesterday evening that the baby girl whose gifts I've been working on was born early...about 4 months early. Amazingly, she's doing very well. She's basically just tiny. They've even taken her off the ventilator, so she's just breathing the regular room air, which is terrific.

The incredibly brilliant brainstorm I had about making her smock with a bigger yarn...yeah, that didn't work out too well...I got most of the way through making the back of the smock and realized that when I finished it, I would probably be able to get myself into it...not exactly sized for a little one, especially now that she's been born so early.

So, I've got a bunch of preemie patterns bookmarked and will be sending those off to Mom today for her to pick out which she wants me to make from her, and then I'm also going to make at least a couple of hats from me as well...I can't imagine having to leave the hospital no longer pregnant and without your baby in your arms...my heart breaks for her...but the alternative would be so very much worse...

ANYWAY! I've got a few more of my original quilt square type patterns listed this morning on my etsy site (www.shopjlc.etsy.com) and I've got another one already done, just have to take a pic and then I can list that one too...and I'm working on more today...I'll be working on my squares until Mom gets back to me about the preemie patterns. My goal is to get all the quilt-inspired squares done and listed before the summer, so that I can design more stuff. Not letting myself design til all the squares are listed...even if the ideas are keeping me up at night!!

I've told DH that at some point over the next year or so, for one of the holiday/birthday/anniversary events, I'd love for him to get a collection going amongst our family members and have them all buy me an adjustable dress maker's dummy. Cause I'd really love to write out some patterns for clothing that just give the numbers, instead of a million different calculations so that anyone can make the pattern fit themselves....we'll have to see how that works out though...

I'm off to pop my entry from Publisher's Clearing House in the mail and then frog that smock...I'll probably be able to use this same yarn for a preemie pattern or two LOL!!

No comments: