Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Ah HA!!

I had a great idea last night!! This smock is mocking me...I don't want to work on it, therefore I probably will never actually finish it...at least not before the baby is actually born. Then I thought to use DH yarn with a C hook, as per the directions for the jacket I just made for the same baby!! WONDERFUL!!!! By using the bigger yarn & hook, and following the directions as written for the smaller size (0-5 months) for the smock, I'll wind up with a finished smock roughly sized for 6-12 months or so....and it's working up SOOO much faster!!! I've worked on it using the new yarn for 2 hrs and 40 minutes today...and I'm nearly half done with the back already!! And I spoke with Mom today about this change .... I thought she might be upset about it, but she said I was clever to think of it....and we've gone over the patterns for the second baby set I'll be making for her and we've figured out how I can make them all in WW yarn!! I love it!! Those won't take me but a week to make, start to finish!! Yippee!!!

I'm definately getting sick now...got that itchy feeling in my eyes that tells me I'm going to get a fever soon...my throat is all scratchy and my voice is nearly gone..I feel terrible...but at least now I know this smock will be finished much sooner than I originally thought!!!

Today I got a call from my daughter's school...apparently she cussed at another student and then called him stupid...and then gave the teacher attitude and refused to do her work...yeah, we're going to have a nice long chat when she gets home. DH also wants to have a talk with her when he gets home....and then he and I are going to make a very concerted effort to watch our language as well, just to be sure that she sees us not cussing either....I don't know what happened to my sweet little girl who used to charm everyone and was most concerned about getting everyone to like her....this kid this school year has just been in trouble for one thing after another...and we just don't know why...we talk to her about it every time, we explain why what she did is unacceptable, we tell her what she should do instead of what she did if she's ever in the same situation again...but her attitude has just gone thru the roof these last 4 or 5 months and nothing seems to work for longer than a week or so....

And to add to the fun, as soon as I was literally buried under yarn this morning (I was looking for a yarn I knew I had and had to dig thru my stash for it), the little one picked up the 1/4 full bag of cat food and dumped it all over my bedroom floor...so I got to fight with the vacuum too....I really can't wait til DH gets home tonight...he's already promised that he'd get the kids fed & in bed and then he's going to get me some medicine and I'm going to sleep....I could so just lay down right now and not move for a few days....but knowing me, I'll be back to crochet in another hour or so!!

No comments: