Thursday, January 11, 2007

Still going...

So, I've completed one of the patterns Mom picked out for the preemie...it's so tiny!! Looks too small even for DD's dolls, though I guess when I think of it, the baby IS smaller than the dolls are...but I have to say that seeing so many of these preemie patterns making reference to 'this pattern would be appropriate for burial' just breaks my heart...I know it happens, but it hurts to see it stated so clearly...does that make sense??

We had a scare with my SIL last night, but it turned out to be nothing more than some doctor in the rehab hospital deciding that he wanted her to take up a bed somewhere else...we were given the impression that we'd be lucky if my BIL got to see her alive again, and it was pretty much a false alarm...gotta love people, huh? My BIL has a lawyer who has been doing work for them pro bono if it pertains to my SIL's condition, injury, treatment, whatever...so he'll be contacting the lawyer and then the AMA about this...

Got to play with my yarn yesterday...got most of it still in the box, but I now have all my thread in one bag, all the cotton yarn in another, all the non-acrylic (wool, thick & thin, mohair) in another bag, and all the Pound of Love yarn in another bag...I had no idea I had so much PoL!! I've got at least half a skein of each color (except the purple) that I've seen in my local AC Moore! How did that happen???? Maybe I should just pick up the purple to complete the collection?

I'm expecting to have all the preemie stuff done by the end of the weekend...then I'll send it all off to Momma...along with the regular baby stuff I made for this little one and the scarves I've made in between the baby stuff....I'm just not a scarf person really, and I didn't have enough of these thick & thin yarns for anything else...so Mom & Dad gave me the yarn for Xmas, and now I'm giving Mom the scarves I made from it LOL!!!

I'm very much looking forward to this weekend...the 15th is 7 years to the day that I met DH...and his mother has offered to take the girls for the 3 day weekend...so we'll have DH's game in Jersey, then do our holiday gift exchange with our friends, drop the girls off at Nana's, and come home just the two of us!! Then we can play for a day & a half before going to pick them up again!! I love my kids, but I also really enjoy the time DH and I get to have together just us two...I got preggers so quickly that we really didn't have much time as just a couple before we were a full family and these weekends are like a way to catch up on that couple time...we might even do something crazy like...go see a movie in the movie theater!! GASP!! The last movie we went to see was the 2nd Lord of the Rings movie!!!

No comments: