Saturday, December 30, 2006

Fed the addiction today!!

So, with the holidays I received some funds to spend on whatever I want...and some of that money will actually go to buying new seeds for my attempt at gardening...however, I went and fed the addiction today....got such the shopping high!! I never get this happy when I'm looking for clothes, shoes, or anything else...but let me loose in a craft store with a good amount of money and no kids hanging on me and I totally get the shopping high!!!

I promised myself to look thru the rest of the store first, before looking at the yarn, because I knew that I could totally spend all my $$ on yarn, especially since there is a sale going on right now LOL, but I wanted to see if anything else caught my eye...so there I am, in AC Moore, in my Crochetville tee shirt....looking at everything but the yarn!! Yeah...I went thru the whole store and I came home with yarn & yarn-related things!!

I picked up some yarns that I never even bother to look at cause of their price tags...Lion Brand Suede yarn (2 skeins of purple) as well as Classic Wool (2 different blues, 2 skeins each) for my first felting attempt, Pound of Love in light blue to complete one of my designs (it will be yoga pants when I'm done with it!), a Caron One Pounder in Hunter Green for one of my designs (will be a very pretty skirt or possibly dress when it's finished)...and then a pound bag of green fluffy yarn millends to make a blanket for Lori, 4 packs of elastic to get my thru my next few projects, 2 full sets of knitting looms (the round ones and the long ones) and 2 small books of patterns to go with the looms.....yeah...I'm a happy camper....OH!! And two more skeins of the varigated yarn I'd picked up the other night for the sweater for my mother's co-worker's soon to be external baby and didn't like for the pattern...I figured that I'd already opened and used one of the skeins I'd picked up so I had to keep it, and I would need the second skein to make anything of a usable size....and today I got 2 more so I might actually be able to make a blanket or a snuggly for Lori with it....

And I still have what I need for my seed order!! I'm so happy!!!

In the last 3 days, I've been to AC Moore 3 times...I love it!!! The employees are starting to giggle when they see me, cause they all get a kick out of the things they overhear me say...either to the kids or to myself when I'm alone....at least with the kids along with me I can at least pretend that I'm talking to them and not myself LOL!!

So, I've just spent the last hour or so trying out these knitting looms...and I think I've got a hold on it now...so I think I'm going to do a search for patterns I can use on them and then I'll behave and get back to the baby set that I'm working on!!

No comments: