Friday, December 29, 2006

And so we begin..

OK..so here's another attempt at keeping a blog going...and I'm just going to jump right in..

I'm Jessie....Pagan, SAHM, crochet fanatic, and an all-around headcase...and anyone who actually knows me will completely agree with all of that. But I'm lovable, or so they tell me, so it's all good.

Right now, I'm home with both kids, as Rory has the week off from school. We're still recovering from the craziness of the holidays with the family, and we've got another holiday get together this weekend, and then the last one in 2 weeks before it's all over with. Lori is sick with this terrible cough that just makes me hurt for her...Rory is bouncing off the walls with major mini-Diva 'tude going on...and I am SOOO happy that it's Friday and Jeff and I are going out tonight!!! We've been looking forward to this for a while and this last week has just made tonight look better and better LOL!!

Anyway....currently, I'm working on a sizable project for my Mom..she's got 2 ladies in her office who are preggers and asked me to make baby sets for each of them..I'm about half way thru the first set now, and will post pics of what I've completed soon, I promise!! This set consists of a sunhat with a little flower for the brim, a car seat blanket, a jacket, and a traditional smock. I've got the hat & flower and the blanket finished, the smock started...and just need to hit the yarn store really quickly tonight to pick up a different yarn for the main part of the jacket...I started the jacket last night but didn't like how it looked, so I'll just keep that yarn for myself and get a better base color tonight....once I get this set finished and mailed out to Mom, she'll tell me what she wants color-wise for the second set and I can work on that one too!!

The other thing that I'm working on is this...I want a garden...I know it's nearly January, but I want to grow things...for a couple of reasons...I love plants and think they're beautiful. I've always wanted to be the gal with the porch and stairs filled with flowers. The more green growing things there are, the better for the planet. Plus, nearly every natural thing can be used magically, and I feel like if I grow it myself I can make sure that everything I use for that purpose will have been grown & raised properly and with respect to Nature. OK, so anyway!! I tried to start my garden last year, but I over-watered all my poor little seedlings and they died...and it was too late in the year to start a new batch...so, now I've got these seeds (which I just found out might not be viable since they are from last year???) and I'm just itching to get the seedlings started again...I've got my Gardening for Dummies book, I'm now a member of an online gardening forum where I can ask all my stupid newbie questions and get some help from folks who actually have a clue, I've got the seeds...and last night I went out to AC Moore and picked up these little pots (like 3.5 inch diameter little LOL) and today I picked up some potting soil that is made to absorb a lot of extra moisture to protect against under & over watering...and I think that I'm going to try a couple of the seeds that I never opened last year, a couple in each little pot, and keep them inside in my kitchen to give me a little practice before it's time to start the seedlings for outside in a couple of months....

OK..so I'm off to give the little one her medicine and pick up my hooks!!!

No comments: