Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dropped the ball..

OK, so it's been like three weeks since I posted...I really suck at keeping up with entries like this...

Anyway...let's see..what's going on...the medical conditions in my family haven't changed much at all, so we're still living day to day to see what's going to happen...I feel like I don't want to make plans to do anything ever cause I don't want to have to cancel them or not be home if the worst happens...but at the same time I don't want to continue to exist (as opposed to living my life) just waiting and not doing anything...

I joined a stashbusting group on the Ville...and I'm really kicking tushy there...I've got my regular WW yarns all in one box, with room to spare now! I've got all my POL yarn in one bag, all the Sugar & Creme in another, the wool in a bag, and a bag for thread (which I think I might just give away cause working with it just totally stresses me out)...and one last bag for yarn that I have set aside for a special project...and that's it. I'm actually very proud of myself...I haven't purchased any new yarn for 2 1/2 weeks...and the one time I did buy yarn since I started this stashbusting challenge, it was for that special project, so it was not an impulse buy at all and I only bought what I need for it. I'm doing really well. I also have worked through all the little balls and partial skeins that I had just taking up space, so now they're actually part of something functional, which is great. I've got my next 3 or 4 projects all lined up, plus that special project that I really should work on soon...it's just so much fun to work on these stashbusting things that I've gotten a bit addicted to the 2 or 3 strand items....

Getting very frustrated with DD...I was waiting for the school to get back to us about the survey things that we filled out about her, but I think I'm just going to call the doc and see what the process for her evaluation will be. This is not a decision that we came to lightly, to have her evaluated, but we've tried everything and nothing is helping. She's telling us that no one in her class wants to be her friend because she causes so much trouble in class. She's a very social kid and has always had everyone just adore her on sight, this is really hard for her...she was amazed to find out that folks actually could chose to NOT like her, and now that she feels her whole class is against her, it's hurting her alot. I don't like the thought of her being on meds, but if that's what it takes to help her, to give her the aid she needs to focus a bit more and control the impulses that are leading to trouble, I will do it. I know that ADD/ADHD is a medical condition that needs meds to regulate it. If it were diabetes or a heart condition, I wouldn't hesitate to get her the medical treatment she needs, so why should I ignore the possiblity that this could be the source of the trouble and at least get it checked out? If that's the way her ped says we need to go, we will do it...just have to get the evaluation under way.

I joined a new site (sparkpeople.com) to help with my weight loss journey. I'm aiming at losing at least 75 pounds, of which I've already lost 5. This site is really great and I am very hopeful that it will help me keep on track.

I'm on a new creative kick with those paints that you do on a plastic sheet and then can peal and stick it onto glass...I made a couple of pieces for our front window for V Day today. I also have this long thin window by the front door, so I'm working on making a set of panels that will fit that window and cover it from top to bottom...it's not a curtain but it's better than having nothing there...and the panels are coming out really pretty so far...I've got the top and bottom pieces done and am waiting for a few more things to dry before I do the middle two panels. I'll post pics when I have it all done.

Monday was the 7th anniversary of the day DH propsed to me. Seven years. How is it seven years already?? And at the same time, how is it only seven years that I've had him in my life?? When I sit and look at him and our girls, and the life we've made together, it just amazes me. I am so very blessed. We aren't rolling in cash, we don't live a life without issues, but we are so incredibly blessed to have each other. Every night I thank the Gods that I have the life I have, cause it could have turned out so very differently....

Today is Valentine's Day...and I was woken up with kisses...and I have a pretty new plant from DH and a Disney Princesses Valentine's card from my older DD...and my younger DD is all sorts of snuggly...and in a few hours, DH will be coming home and we're going to snuggle up and watch a movie together tonight after the kiddo's are in bed...life is good.

No comments: