Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Something to look forward to..

So, today on MySpace I see a message from an old HS friend of mine, that this weekend he's inviting pals over for drinking & movies & general fun times...now I haven't seen him since right before we moved to CT, actually this August would be 2 years...but we've chatted on and off since then on MySpace and he really was one of my closest & dearest friends in HS and just after...he's just that friend that will always mean something to me, regardless of the fact that we don't keep in touch all that well...

So, I dropped him a note and asked if he would mind me joining the fun if I can get an overnight sitter for the girls...he was really happy to hear from me, but when I mentioned something about Jeff's dying, he had no idea it had happened...I mentioned that I'd blogged about it on MySpace and he said he wasn't subbed to my blog so he hadn't read it til just now...and now he's beating himself up for not being here for me for the last month...I told him that he could make it up to me by sharing a few hugs with me (cause he ALWAYS gave the best hugs ever!) and getting me drunk LOL...now I just have to talk to my mom or MIL about an overnighter...

And as soon as I finish messaging with this pal of mine, I get an email from my MIL about my SIL, who is now going to be getting a pacemaker in the morning...and the last surgery she had, she flatlined on the table, so even something as rutine as a pacemaker is NOT so rutine with her...so I really don't think I should ask my MIL about this weekend...so that leaves my mom...and mom always loved this friend of mine and knows that I have pretty much no social life right now...if she can do it, she will I know....

But now I have to wait til she gets off from work to speak with her (they're not allowed to have their cell phones on while at work) and I HATE waiting for anything...but the fact that I might actually be able to go out and hang with people who knew me before I was with Jeff, who are more used to me as me alone and not as me & Jeff...I really want to go, to see these people I haven't seen in 7 years or more...and if I can't I'm going to be very dissappointed...I might just have to talk to my buddy about maybe getting together another weekend if this one doesn't work out...grrr...I hate waiting!!

I think I'm going to unearth Mom's desk number at work and see if she can talk for a moment....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you blogging again (I haven't checked in in a while). You are a shining spirit. Thank for sharing with us.

Lara
(songdeva at crochetville)